cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Upgrade IntraLink 10.2 to PDMLink XX.X

Robert-Altman
7-Bedrock

Upgrade IntraLink 10.2 to PDMLink XX.X

We are currently on Windchill\Intralink 10.2 and will be upgrading to Windchill\PDMLink so that we can manage SolidWorks, NX and AutoCAD files alongside our Creo files. Ultimatley we will be bringing in a PTC reseller to help with the upgrade but wanted to get my feet wet with what is reauired. I have successfully installed Intralink 10.2 on a test server but am at a lost on how to upgrade\convert it to a PDMLink installation?

Would the process involve installing a fresh PDMLink setup and then run a migration utility to bring in the Intralink 10.2 files and metadata?

4 REPLIES 4

You must do an Intralink 10.2 to PDMLink 10.2 upgrade before you can go to a newer version of Windchill.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS74951

Thanks Ben,

Is there any documentation on the converting  process? I see from CS74951 that I need to use the PSI.

Resolution

• From Windchill Supported Upgrade Paths:
    • "Converting a Windchill Pro/INTRALINK to a Windchill PDMLink system is an activity that is independent of a Windchill upgrade to a new release. The conversion must take place on the same release level of Windchill. For instance, converting from a Windchill Pro/INTRALINK 9.1 to Windchill PDMLink 9.1 or from Windchill Pro/INTRALINK 10.0 to Windchill PDMLink 10.0 is supported. Upgrading from Windchill Pro/INTRALINK 9.1 to Windchill PDMLink 10.0 is not supported."
  • In other words:
    • Converting and upgrading are two distinctly separate actions that can't occur at the same time
    • Convert from one to the other using PSI while on the same release level
    • Upgrade using Upgrade Manager before or after conversion

I have not seen anything specific, but I have not been looking since I have only used PDMLink since 6.2.6 and the last Intralink I used was 3.3.

That’s understandable, I’ll start the digging here.

Windchill Installation and Configuration Resource Page

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/support_resource_page.jsp?&im_dbkey=90970&icg_dbkey=917#6

Top Tags