cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Upgrade process

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Upgrade process

I am starting the planning stage for an upgrade to Windchill, going from11.0 m030to 11.1 m02 CPS15.

The 11.0 is running on Oracle 12cR1 which will be upgraded to 12cR2.

I am just planning on doing an export of the Oracle DB and then install Oracle 12cR2 and import the exported data. I have done this before when I changed the database machine, but that was on the same release of Oracle. Is there anything that needs to be done with the Upgrade Manager when changing Oracle versions? If not, I will do this first so 11.0 m030 is on Oracle 12cR2 before the 11.1 upgrade.

For the 11.1 upgrade, I will install 11.1m020CPS15 in a new directory structure on the same server as 11.0m030. Then run Upgrade Manager. There are a few system files that will need to be copied to the new install. Hopefully it will be that simple! The file vaults are on the Windchill server and will not be moved.

If anyone can offer any tips on this planning or things to watch for, that would be appreciated.

I have 3 production Windchill systems to upgrade, so it will need to be a will documented plan before I start.

After we get to Windchill 11.1, I can install Creo 7 and then plan for Windchill 12.0.2 next summer.

1 REPLY 1

Ben, double check the Creo 7.0 support for WC 11.1. I know it is listed as supported, but I seem to remember the caveat was it does not support multi-body CAD models. I cannot find anything the in KB about this, but its worth a quick check before you start populating WC with multi-body models that do not have full EPM Doc support.

@TomU pointed to this CS article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS321000 in one of his posts.

Top Tags