cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Upgrading from windchill (intralink) 10.0 to 10.2

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Upgrading from windchill (intralink) 10.0 to 10.2

We are currently running windchill 10.0 using intralink. A couple years ago we had to rehost our server to a new domain and it took months and had to go back to the development team at PTC to resolve the issues. Is upgrading from 10.0 to 10.2 something that I can do myself using PTC's tools? We had Creo 3.0 and would like to use it, but currently it is not compatible with intralink 10.0, I tried searching through PTC's documents but I couldn't find much about upgrading. Has anyone had experience with PTC's tech support helping them with upgrade issues?

2 REPLIES 2

install lastest version of windu from 10.0 on your testsystem
run windu to find out problem to be fixed

check the software matrix

PTC document:

In release 10.2, PTC is providing capabilities for customers to migrate from Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 into either Pro/INTRALINK 10.2 or Windchill PDMLink 10.2. For information on the Pro/INTRALINK Data Migrator, see the Pro/INTRALINK Data Migrator Compatibility Matrix: http://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=157208 Pro/INTRALINK 10.2 For Pro/INTRALINK 10.2, PTC offers a bundled Oracle database that can be installed using its PTC Solution Installer. See the Database section for the platforms supported.

High level upgrade process is

1. Install the latest WinDU patches on Intralink 10.0
  2. Run pre-upgrade mandatory tasks and fix all the critical errors
  3. Setup a target system using PSI
  4. Import the data from the source
  5. Run the upgrade manager
  6. Complete post upgrade activities
  7. Run WinDU health check
  8. Run through a thorough validation.

You can search in PTC esupport for upgrade guide or refer to Upgrade Resource Page -  http://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/support_resource_page.jsp?&im_dbkey=96752&icg_dbkey=917

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller International

Top Tags