cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Uploading modifications to non-checked out part

ptc-2993791
1-Newbie

Uploading modifications to non-checked out part

Hello,

I have WF5 and Intralink 10.2. I have some parts in a workspace that I have modified but are not checked-out. I am trying to upload them to my server-side workspace, but it is not letting me. I get an error that says: "Modifications not eligible for upload". I can only upload after I check-out the part. This is confusing to me because when I search for uploading in the help menu it gives me the following:

Upload is valid for new or modified files. Supported files include those in the following states.

• Files that are not checked out
    • New objects with a duplicate filename with objects already in the commonspace or in another workspace.

According to this statement, I should be able to upload. What am I missing? This is annoying because I cannot perform a "Save As" unless the part is uploaded and I feel that I should not have to check-out a part to perform a save as.

Please help!

Thanks,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ptc-2993791)

Support for this requires Creo 2 or Creo 3 and Windchill 10.2. It does not work with WF5 (CE/P 5).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Support for this requires Creo 2 or Creo 3 and Windchill 10.2. It does not work with WF5 (CE/P 5).

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Workspace save-as happens in the server side workspace. Instead, if the dependencies allow it, do the save-as directly from Creo (Pro/e). It doesn't care where they are as long as it can load them in session.

Thanks for your response. It's too bad I can't do this with WF5.

Unfortuantely, your comment on dependencies make performing a save-as from Creo pretty much obsolete if the part is in an assembly or has a drawing associated with it. Unless there is a way to perform the collection steps from within Creo (if there is, please tell me how).

TomU
23-Emerald IV

It depends. Doing a save-as from a top level assembly will save all the (non-suppressed) required parts and assemblies, along with their respective drawings. For the drawings to be duplicated, they have to have the same name as their parent model, exist in the workspace, and have the config.pro option "rename_drawings_with_object" set to "both".

Top Tags