cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Uptime report with PSM - Anyone ?

NandaPamidi
1-Newbie

Uptime report with PSM - Anyone ?

The information in server status page is only for the current restart and will be lost after a restart.

We have a custom report in a 3 rrd party system, bu thoping PSM should be able to do this.

3 REPLIES 3
jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:NandaPamidi)

PSM could probably provide this information -- I'm no expert there.

That said, in Windchill 10.0 and higher you can find something like what you're looking for in Windchill/wtcore/jsp/jmx/javaProcesses.jsp. This page can be used to search for historic data akin to that on the server status page's charts for both current and past processes. Each process is shown with a "Last Known Alive" time which is the last time data was written by the process to the built-in health and performance monitoring tables.

Of course I'm not really sure exactly what you're looking for here. While each process has an uptime, i.e. the time it remained alive until the current instance in time or its death/exit, when one considers multiple method servers and (in a cluster) multiple server managers and multiple restarts, I'm not really sure what you're looking to report on.

The JSP page in question is backed by simple, non-modeled tables -- and the source is all in the JSP file for anyone wishing to read it.

Jess,

We are looking to provide a report to management on availability of Windchill system over a week/month. If the Windchill home page URl was available/accessible then we could consider the system as up. That would translate to atleast one of the slave node and master being up.

The server status page shows the current uptime. So potentially, if we can access historic data, we could calculate the uptime(did not know we could access historic data). PSM on the other hand does "ping" the system in different ways and thought someone might made some measures in PSM for this.

Thanks

jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:NandaPamidi)

That's what I was guessing you were after, which is a bit different -- as it really entails whether your load balancer was working, etc, as well.

But assuming 100% reliability of your load balancer, etc, then, yes, you could mine the historic data to determine when at least one foreground method server was running.

Windchill's built in data in this regard is in rather simple tables with a JSP showing a query approach (actually many of the JSPs in this directory operate against these tables and the source is right in the JSPs).

I believe PSM contains very similar data in that it is really tracking the life of individual JVMs as well, but I'm not sure how easy this data would be to mine in comparison.

Top Tags