cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Urgent help needed - PDMLink 9.0 M050 - Workspace frames

jnanesh.sajjan
1-Newbie

Urgent help needed - PDMLink 9.0 M050 - Workspace frames

Hi all,

I created a part file and its drawing file using save as option in PDMLink.Iworked on new partand drawingfor 3-4 days. Until yesterday, everything was fine. But, today as I opened the files, to my shock,those files are having NO changes which I made before. They aresimply replication of reference files (parent files, from which I saved as these new files).

In a nut shell,I have lost all data in workspace. Add to my bad luck, I havent checked-in those to PDMLink server.

Kindly let me know how to get back the old data in workspace.

Thanks,

Jnanesha KS

1 REPLY 1

If you look at a very recent post, Windchill 9.1 has a frame manager. Any releases prior to that do not have a frame manager. One of the biggest things I tell my users is to verify that you are getting "object has been saved" in the Pro-E message window. There has been hundreds of times that users in my particular group did not look at the message, which said "saved failed" and the next day did not see any of the changes made on the prior day. Outside of workspace corruption, you don't have any route to recover objects that have not been checked in.

In Reply to Jnanesha Kanti Subrahmanya:

Hi all,

I created a part file and its drawing file using save as option in PDMLink.Iworked on new partand drawingfor 3-4 days. Until yesterday, everything was fine. But, today as I opened the files, to my shock,those files are having NO changes which I made before. They aresimply replication of reference files (parent files, from which I saved as these new files).

In a nut shell,I have lost all data in workspace. Add to my bad luck, I havent checked-in those to PDMLink server.

Kindly let me know how to get back the old data in workspace.

Thanks,

Jnanesha KS

Top Tags