cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Usage of CAD driven Line number / Find number

Ruediger_Scholz
13-Aquamarine

Usage of CAD driven Line number / Find number

Dear Community,

I am looking for customer insights on usage of Line number / Find number.

What is a line number / find number?

• Line Number:  Identifies the position of the part within a manufacturing bill of materials (BOM) in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Typically aligns to ERP Line Number.
  • Find Number: an attribute used to cross-reference a part in a product structure with the same part in an assembly drawing.

Is this information used in design processes? Is it actually CAD driven, i.e. entered in CAD and than exposed to Windchill?

In addition, as this this functionality is supported for some, but not all CAD integrations today - which is the CAD integration that missing for you?

Please reply or send me a private message or email (rscholz@ptc.com). Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Ruediger

3 REPLIES 3

Well, I have lots to provide on this topic. I will respect your request to not reply here but curious as to why? I think this would make a great community discussion.

Hi avillanueva,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for being unclear: I would also prefer to have the discussion within the community.

I offered the ability to provide a private feedback, if someone has concerns sharing details in public.

Hope that’s more precise.

Regards,

Ruediger

Top Tags