cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

User Password Reset in Windchill 7 M090

cecilia.sabate
1-Newbie

User Password Reset in Windchill 7 M090

PTC User Team,

I am looking for customization that allows a user to reset his own password in eFile
without Admin help ( no access to Principal Admin). If you have an existing solution, kindly
share approach, insights, etc. Please email me back.

Thank you.
Cicel Sabate | Schneider Electric | Information, Process & Organization (IPO) | eFile
Project Lead
Phone: +1-859-817-6072 | Mobile: +1-859-445-2558
Email: Cecilia.Sabate@US.Schneider-Electric.com | Site: www.schneider-electric.com |
Address: 1100 Burlington Pike, Florence, Ky 41042
*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
6 REPLIES 6

Cicel,

Attached is the password change utility.

Follow the instructions under readme file and deploy on your windchill
installation.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need any help.

Thanks,
Sateesh Dendukuri

Hi Sateesh,

Before I test this in my environment, do you know if this customization would work in 9.0 or 9.1?
I have both of these environments at my company, and would like to add this functionality, as these systems wont be tied to corporate LDAP accounts, at least for users external to our company. Or if possible, is there another customization or even OOTB functionality that would allow a user to change the own password(without having access to the Principal Administrator Utility)?

Thanks much,

Tim Brungardt

Tim,

I haven?t tested this with WC 9.0 or 9.1. But it should work.

I think PTC already added similar functionality from WC 8.0 M050. Please
check under HomeàUtilitiesà Profile.

Feel free to contact me if you need any help.

Sateesh Dendukuri

Datafrond LLC -
sdendukuri@datafrond.com

Tim,

Under WC 9.0 or 9.1 go to preferences, enable the following preference.

wt.org.services.userPasswordChangeEnabled (property value to true), then Edit Password option will be available from an Actions drop-down list on the team member information page.

Sateesh Dendukuri

Datafrond LLC - sdendukuri@datafrond.com

Tim,

Small correction to my previous email, I don't see the property under preferences.

But it is there in wt.properties and I think it should enable the functionality by setting the value to true, but currently it is breaking the profile page up setting the property to true. It might be a bug.

Sateesh Dendukuri

Datafrond LLC - sdendukuri@datafrond.com

Hi Sateesh,

I ran the following command in my 9.1 environment, and it is working there sucessfully.

xconfmanager -s "wt.org.services.userPasswordChangeEnabled=true" -t "C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\Windchill\codebase\wt.properties" -p

I've yet to verify it in my 9.0 environment, but when I do I'll update this thread my the results.

thanks again for your help!
Top Tags