cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

User can't save to a workspace

amansfield
6-Contributor

User can't save to a workspace

We are having a peculiar error with one user who can't save an assembly model containing older checked-in models to her workspace. The Event Manager comes up saying "Save Failed" and looking at the error message it states "Save Action was Aborted". We've tried different workspaces on her machine but no luck.

Saving new objects seems to work fine (ie. new parts inside the new assembly)

I tried logging in as her on another machine and didn't seem to have any trouble, so it seems to be machine specific, not access rights related.

Any ideas how I can track down this error? I've looked in the log files, but there is nothing in there different from any other users.

Windchill 10.1 with Creo 2.0 build M100 / M110

Out of the office until next week so I'll check this thread when I get back

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew

does the assembly contain family table instances? If so then make sure your config.pro has the following

'save_instance_accelerator' = explicit

Regards Darren

Also make sure your user doesn't have any out of date files that may or may nothave been modifiedin their WORKSPACE.

amansfield
6-Contributor
(To:amansfield)

Bingo!

This suggestion helped me to track downand fix the problem! We don't use instance accelerator files but this one user does for compatibility with an external app (Anark Core). I just disabled the option and everything worked as expected.

Thanks for the suggestion..

Chalk up another one for the exploder!

Andrew Mansfield

In Reply to Darren Storey:

Andrew

does the assembly contain family table instances? If so then make sure your config.pro has the following

'save_instance_accelerator' = explicit

Regards Darren

Top Tags