cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Using Eclipse

dkessler
5-Regular Member

Using Eclipse

Documentation 10_MR040_WindchillCustomizationGuide.pdf on page 51 it shows project cust_Windchill_src in Eclipse. In order to load that project in you must follow directions from ant -f bin/tools.xml eclipse_project.help I followed these directions. Step 1) Run the eclipse_project task is too vague. I can get the cust_Windchill_src folder into the project window of Eclipse, but I have no supporting libraries or src folders. Can anyone explain what "run the eclipse_project task" actually means? I put in Filesync, but I am not sure it is working. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nitin
1-Newbie
(To:dkessler)

Step 1) Run the eclipse_project task.

this implies running the ant command as below -

C:\ptc\Windchill_10.0\Windchill>ant -f bin/tools.xml eclipse_project

It is basically creating a workspace and placing .classpath and .project filesin this workspace.

Further as the eclipse_project.help says, the newly created workspace and projects are used.

Hope this helps.

-Nitin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nitin
1-Newbie
(To:dkessler)

Step 1) Run the eclipse_project task.

this implies running the ant command as below -

C:\ptc\Windchill_10.0\Windchill>ant -f bin/tools.xml eclipse_project

It is basically creating a workspace and placing .classpath and .project filesin this workspace.

Further as the eclipse_project.help says, the newly created workspace and projects are used.

Hope this helps.

-Nitin

dkessler
5-Regular Member
(To:Nitin)

Okay that makes sense. It worked, thanks.

Hi,

Still I am not able to find the cust_Windchill_src can u please explain clearly about the issue, I run the command and is is working properly.

vbabu-3
5-Regular Member
(To:reetakota)

Hi  Reetakota,

Steps:

1. Install JRE/JDK and Eclipse.

2. Run the commands: ant -f bin/tools.xml eclipse_project.help

ant -f bin/tools.xml eclipse_project

You will find the cust_Windchill_src folder in the  Eclipse Workspace Directory.

If you go with by default options, it will be created under the <Windchill>\eclipse\cust_Windchill_src folder

Attached is a snapshot, FYI.

Venkat

B-WI

isodius
7-Bedrock
(To:vbabu-3)

It is the second Ant call that is crucial. That line is not present on page 56 of the current 11_F000 version of the guide.

vbabu-3
5-Regular Member
(To:isodius)

Yes, it is!

That's what creates the Project folder, FYIP.

Regards,

Venkat

Hello, there is a video of training for example from the documentation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14BSAwteVw&list=PLjm4gmbLQwoeqQSP7xUhCnInGknqTBAZV&index=2

Basic Customization Getting Started With Windchill Customization https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r11.2.0.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWCCG_Oview_GetStartCust_Intro.html%23
Top Tags