cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Using Part Structure Override Attribute Name

JHall
16-Pearl

Using Part Structure Override Attribute Name

Greetings,

We are installing Windchill for the first time at this company and are using:  Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS08, WGM 11.0 M030, Inventor Pro 2017, Windows 10.

I am interested in using the Windchill preference Part Structure Override Attribute Name to prevent accidental Auto-Association of WTParts during Check in of new or imported assemblies.  

This is an attribute that overrides another action, so YES means that you do want to override the WTPart creation action and prevent the Auto-Associate.  
We are going to set the default value to be NO, and if you wanted to prevent a WTPart being created you would change it to YES

My question is, what attribute do I put in my CAD file?  Must it be named Part Structure Override Attribute Name to function properly?  Or is there a way to rename it in the CAD file?

As an Admin In Windchill you go to Windchill Preference Management, navigate to Operation ▶ Auto Associate ▶ Part Structure Override Attribute Name and then right-click to Set Preference.  The following window appears with a Value field.  I'm thinking this is the place you put the default value (In our case NO).

I don't see a place to rename this Attribute.  I'm hoping I'm missing something  because we would dislike having to enter this long string in several old CAD objects (we are using Inventor).
Thanks in advance for any ideas! 
Part Structure Override Attribute Name.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You need to define a boolean attribute on the CAD Document type. e.g. "auxiliary_part"

This attribute name will than be filled into the preference.

In Inventor you need also define a iProperty named "auxiliary_part" type boolean (Or if already another is existing you can also change the name with the attribute mapping in the Type and Attribute Manager.)

After everything is being set up correctly, if the attribute value is true, no WTPart will be created or build during auto associate.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You need to define a boolean attribute on the CAD Document type. e.g. "auxiliary_part"

This attribute name will than be filled into the preference.

In Inventor you need also define a iProperty named "auxiliary_part" type boolean (Or if already another is existing you can also change the name with the attribute mapping in the Type and Attribute Manager.)

After everything is being set up correctly, if the attribute value is true, no WTPart will be created or build during auto associate.

Top Tags