cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Using Webject Report-Template

ptc-1588939
1-Newbie

Using Webject Report-Template

Has any used the Report-Template webject. I'm having troubleadding the report template nameI need to execute to the webject. Can someone give me some input on how to denote the report you want to run in the "where" statement or the "report_ref" statement. Also how do you determine the ufid for a report template?
2 REPLIES 2

In Reply to Victor Morales:

Has any used the Report-Template webject. I'm having troubleadding the report template nameI need to execute to the webject. Can someone give me some input on how to denote the report you want to run in the "where" statement or the "report_ref" statement. Also how do you determine the ufid for a report template?

Victor,

To determine the ufid of a report template, you can either query-object on wt.query.template.ReportTemplate selecting by the template's name, or use a report that does it. If you use a report, you only need to know the ufid for that report then get the other ones.

HTH,

Vincent

Vincent

Run the report and the UFID is in the resulting URL for the results. (is actually there twice).

Also, per the Windchill Adapter Guide, you just need to put in the name of the report in the associated name field:

<%@taglib uri="http://www.ptc.com/infoengine/taglib/core" prefix="ie"%>

<process name="Generate-Report">
<description>Generates a report from the report template named "User Summary".</description>
<ie:webject name="Generate-Report" type="OBJ">
<ie:param name="INSTANCE" data="com.ptc.ptcnet.killian.windchill"/">
<ie:param name="WHERE" data="name=&lt;strong">'User Summary"/>
<ie:param name="GROUP_OUT" data="out"/">
</ie:webject>
</process>

Top Tags