cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Validator on Move action

abhishekarya
12-Amethyst

Validator on Move action

Experts,

I am trying to write a validator on Move action, I tried to write a simple validator which extends wt.dataops.containermove.processors.MoveValidator,

Registered my custom validator in service.properties as:

wt.services/svc/default/com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIComponentValidator/CONTAINERMOVE/null/0=ext.company.validators.CompanyMoveValidator/duplicate

When I do a jcaDebug in UI, the move action shows the name of my Custom Validator, But it doesn't process any code in "validateFormSubmission" method when I click finish on Move action in UI.

Can you help in what I may be missing here?

Abhishek

3 REPLIES 3
Florent
14-Alexandrite
(To:abhishekarya)

Hello,

First of all, do you see your validator on the action in the customization tab ?

Also, I'm not sure the FormValidationSubmission can be used, you can try first with the performFullValidation.

Florent

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca

Hi Florent ,

I see the Validator in object actions when I turn on JCA Debug, I added preValidateAction method and that's being called, I also tried with validateSelectedMultiSelectAction but that also doesnt get called like validateFormSubmission.

Abhishek

Florent
14-Alexandrite
(To:abhishekarya)

Hum, unfortunately this action is not a JCA action but a Template Processor one.

Hence it's not possible to implement a form validation, using validator at least.

You may have to consider Javascript action or maybe a listener.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca
Top Tags