cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Various issues concerning BOM transformation

TomM
12-Amethyst

Various issues concerning BOM transformation

Hi,

I've spent days trying to solve various issues and I think I hit a wall.

Environment:

Windchill 11.1

Creo 7 (previously ProE 4.0 Wildfire)

PDMLink implemented. MPMLink and PartsLink to come.

MPMLink needed for Creo Illustrate implementation.

What I wish to do?

I'm trying to put MPMLink (eBOM->mBOM transformation) to use.

Why can't I?

Transformation is easy in essence. The problem is that basically no assembly can be "built" because they comprise parts or subassemblies which are family table members. I get "Cannot perform Build from Part since the listed document(s) are family table members." thrown in my face. This is the wall. This leads to missing "equivalent occurrence links" (I think), which in turn leads to 2 issues:

a) CS298065 No visual support for mBOM transformation

b) Pvz files generated from mBOM missing lots of geometry

Since many parts were created in ProE 4.0 they retained their "built" representation and it partly works as long as they are only pasted in their native "design view". As soon as you create manufacturing view of those parts or  build assemblies which have family table parts under them it all goes to hell (normal parts get built, F-Table parts don't so you get like half the assembly in mBOM...).

I also had to open each of the "legacy" parts in Creo 7, check out and check in since they can't be built due to another error CS121264

Another issue is that when I manually associate top level assembly .asm to the WTPart in manufacturing view for some stupid reason I get double the assembly items with each instance duplicated and status "Excluded" and "Nonoccurrence", however they push their visual representation to mBOM WTPart. And on top of that after I check the WTPart in I can't delete it anymore cause it throws up another error saying that there are iterations with association links to EPDM documents. I can delete all the iterations except for last one and then I'm stuck with either leaving it as is or deleting the whole revision and basically having to recreate the part and everything it was included in...

Here is an article saying that to solve visualization issues you should just build the structure CS298735 

it just fails to mention you're out of luck with family table items. 

Could someone point me in the right direction, please? I'm about to go mad...

Regards,

Tom

1 REPLY 1
TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:TomM)

Small update:

As far as visual representation of related consumed/unconsumed items in visualization tab in MAPSB is concerned I got it to work. Not entirely sure how as of yet but the final steps were to turn on "Show occurrences" and then turn on the "View equivalent occurrence status". This did not work earlier, however it seems to work since I also created a new structure view which includes "Downstream Equivalent Occurrence Status". 

None of these steps is mentioned anywhere in articles and such. 

Association of manufacturing view to CAD parts and building representation for family table items still give me huge headache.

Top Tags