cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Vaults and upgrademanager

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Vaults and upgrademanager

When the upgrade manager runs, does it actually do anything to the physical vaults on disk? I know there are some pointer updates in the Oracle database that get touched by the upgrade and that is fine.

My reason for asking is that I have run a WC11 upgrade on these same vaults. Deleted WC11 and the Oracle DB from the first run and am doing a second run and am ready to run upgrademanager when I remembered that these vault folders have been through an upgrademanager routine before.

I do have a copy of the vaults as they came off the production system, but I do not think I saved an extra copy from the WC10 rehost system. Again, talking only the physical disk vault files. I have compared the file size and it has not changed from the original copy from production.

1 REPLY 1

When I upgrade, I usually use the "Manually Configure File Servers Post Upgrade" option for the File Server and do not have to do anything to the file vaults in between running test upgrades and/or my final upgrade.  The only thing that might get touched where the upgrade manager is making the changes, is the file inside each MOUNT_VALIDATION_DATA folder.  I don't know if that would cause issues or not.

Top Tags