cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WC 10.2 Baseline collection problems

dguidry
5-Regular Member

WC 10.2 Baseline collection problems

So, I have a couple of baselines of a CAD Doc structure that were taken just prior new revisions of many objects being created (new revs were created the same day, about two hours after the baselines were created). When going back and looking at the baseline after, the baselines are showing the new versions of the revised CAD Docs.

Anyone familiar with baselines care to guess what we might have done wrong?

6 REPLIES 6

Were the baselines locked once they were created?  Did someone modify the baseline after the revision change?  Did you look at the last modify time of the baseline?

dguidry
5-Regular Member
(To:BrianToussaint)

The baselines were not locked, no one modified the baselines, and the baseline was showing last modified at creation time. Unluckily, I have modified it (I had to remove and add some upcated objects, which is why I was looking at it).

Do baselines automatically update to latest revision/iteration if not locked?

They do not automatically update.  If you updated some items using the collector it is possible that you got the new versions that way into your Baseline.  Or someone could have selected the Baseline to update when they checked in their data which would also do this.

dguidry
5-Regular Member
(To:JeffZemsky)

Thanks for the reply, Jeff! I didn't update or otherwise touch the baseline, but is it possible there was a choice to update the baseline when revising items? I did revise a large number of items shortly after the baseline and the new revision is what showed up on the list.

dguidry
5-Regular Member
(To:dguidry)

@JeffZemsky, I just tried to duplicate what happened on a smaller scale and it appears to be working the way I thought it would (how you described it). Someone must have somehow modified the collection and I didn't see it, or I accidently recollected the objects (it was a long day).

we've all had those long days Smiley Happy

Top Tags