cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

WC10.0 vs. Solidworks Enterprise PDM

pstapler
3-Visitor

WC10.0 vs. Solidworks Enterprise PDM

For some reason, my company is considering changing to Solidworks Enterprise PDM rather than upgrading from our extensive WC9.1 database to WC 10.0. Mind you this decision is being perpetuated by people whom do not even use the software and have never used any data management tool to any extent. We do have an instance of Solidworks in our corporate office which I'm sure is partly weighing in on the decisions making process.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with trying to run Pro/E using the Solidworks Enterprise PDM "plugin" and what pitfalls we need to be aware of before they pull the trigger on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Patrick Stapler

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know the SW PLM solution, but you users sure have to require a deep analysis of the usability, things like family table, merge/inheritance, pro/program, interchange assemblies, etc, probably doesn't have a good support from their system, or no support at all, demanding you guys a huge effort to individualize family tables and change methodologies in order to use their PDM.

I would create a list of requirements for them to fill, containing the most important things they should support

And require a pilot project before moving...

Warm Regards

Guilherme Rocha - Tech Consultant

PLM Solutions do Brasil

“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”

I agree.

There are many things you need to list that work properly with WC and you need to find out if they are even possible with the SolidWorks solution. If you use a PTC Design tool, it makes sense to use their PLM tool which is built around the design tool. You must prove this to be true by finding out how things work between both solutions and what that means to your business in the long haul.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags