cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WF: Unselected check boxes in set up participants activity

HenriMarchal
1-Newbie

WF: Unselected check boxes in set up participants activity

Hello,

I have a workflow with a set up participants activity. The roles are resolved correctly.

But the assigned user gets the activity with all the participants selected by default. If the list is big, he must unselect them one by one. It is not user friendly.

Is there a customization to make the participants unselected by default, or better a button to select/unselect them all ?

Thank you for your help.

7 REPLIES 7

Henri,

No customization is required.

Utilize another context Team role as the Resource Pool for the Workflow role.

Leave the Workflow role in the context Team empty.

Populate users into the Resource Pool role.

Participant/Workflow role

(unpopulated in the

Context Team)

Resource Pool roles

(populated with users in the Context Team)

Engineering ReviewerEngineer, Engineering Manager
Marketing ReviewerMarketing
Quality ReviewerQuality Engineer, Quality Manager

Thank you Jeffrey.

I will try soon. I put a note for myself for that test: create a new role in the container team, a role that will be used only for the workflows, and let it empty. then, in the resource pool of the setup participants, use this role and populate it via groups.

Henri,

I forgot to inform you that the resource pool roles may not show up if the workflow is defined at the Org or Site level, context team roles only show if the workflow is defined at the context level (where it knows what roles are specifically available).

If the workflow is defined at the Org or Site level, then it will require that you create a user-group from the Principal Administrator utility, add the users into that group and then use the group as the resource pool for the workflow role.

Regards,

Ok it worked fine, just like you explained it in your last post.

Thank you again.

Is there any way to make the participant selection mandatory?

You should create your own post.

I have the same exact question but for Windchill PDMLink 10.1 is there a similar solution?

Top Tags