cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WGM 9.1 fails to launch after we have installed WGM 11.0

PhilippePradour
6-Contributor

WGM 9.1 fails to launch after we have installed WGM 11.0

In the meantime of a Windchill migration from 9.1 to 11.0 we have to run on a same client different versions of Solidworks and WGM (respectively 2012 with 9.1-M070 and 2016 with 11.0 M01) but WGM 9.1 fails to launch after we have installed WGM 11.0.

I tend to suspect this relates to the having a common Cache and Root with 2 different versions of WGM.

Is this a known issue ? Are there known resolutions (environment variables for Cache and Root) ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Philippe,

Please refer PTC Article on running multiple WWGM clients on same system. Even though 9.1 with 11.0 WWGM is not mentioned in the article, you can give it a try.

Document - CS212589

How to install and run multiple versions of the Windchill Workgroup Manager client on the same machine

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Product Manager, PTC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Philippe,

Please refer PTC Article on running multiple WWGM clients on same system. Even though 9.1 with 11.0 WWGM is not mentioned in the article, you can give it a try.

Document - CS212589

How to install and run multiple versions of the Windchill Workgroup Manager client on the same machine

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Product Manager, PTC

Hello Pankaj,

Thanks for the prompt and accurate answer. It looks good to me and this what I suspected.

I have forwarded to our team and they will test it and get back to PTC support if necessary.

Best regards,

Philippe

Top Tags