cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WGM checked out file is locked for saving in NX

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

WGM checked out file is locked for saving in NX

Has anyone had an issue with auto lock on add to workspace not removing the lock but still allowing check out? In general this has worked reasonably well in our environment but I had a case earlier where one of our engineers had a file open (NX) that was locked in the workspace. At some point he started editing the file and had (after initial edits in NX) remembered to unlock and check out the file. In the workspace, the CAD is showing as checked out to the user but with no local modifications. In NX it's showing the changes, but the file shows as locked and the changes cannot be saved to the workspace. Not sure where to look for potential causes here. 

We were able to save the file out of Windchill and import the content as the next version but I'd like to make this not happen again. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:Ajit_Kulkarni)

It happens infrequently but I can make a change to install/launch scripts to better define the 6 variables we're setting today. 

That and some taskkills in the launch.bat should make this as clean as it can be. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ajit_Kulkarni
14-Alexandrite
(To:Dobi)

Hi Dobi,

This is common issue occur because of WGM --> Windchill file system. 

Possible trouble shooting steps

1. Just restart the system and try again. Intention here is to get rid of any stuck creo agent services.

2. If not resolved. Clear the cache and try again.

3. Re-install Windchill WGM by clearing all PTC products and services.

4. Look for any upgrades. 

Regards

Ajit

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

@Ajit_Kulkarni would not having all environment variables well defined cause this or contribute to it? 

Ajit_Kulkarni
14-Alexandrite
(To:Dobi)

Yes it is also a possible cause. You can add in the list. 

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

It happens infrequently but I can make a change to install/launch scripts to better define the 6 variables we're setting today. 

That and some taskkills in the launch.bat should make this as clean as it can be. 

Top Tags