cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

WGM client not responding upon startup

ayap
6-Contributor

WGM client not responding upon startup

On Windchill 11 M030.

Sometimes, when WGM client starts up, it will lock up and be in "not responding" mode.

Usually this happens when we exit WGM and come back in the morning.

We can recover by deleting the wfs cache as defined in the locaiton PTC_WFS_CACHE.

Even though we remove WFS cache, the WGM client seems to be able to recreate it with the unchekced in models.

I am curious to see if others see this issue.of WGM client locking up or not responding on V11 M030.

Thanks for sharing.

5 REPLIES 5
pmooteri
12-Amethyst
(To:ayap)

Hi Ayap,

This is not the expected behavior. Request you to contact PTC Technical support & log in a case for further investigation.

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Product Manager, PTC

ayap
6-Contributor
(To:pmooteri)

Thanks.  I already have a case with Tech Support and they cannot reproduce on PTC side.  We are still working the case.  Was reaching out to see if others had experienced this issue since PTC Tech Support could not reproduce.

prkun
7-Bedrock
(To:ayap)

Hi, we are facing similar issues Windows 10 with Work group manager 11.0 M030.

Application is going to "not responding" - we cleared the windows cache and application working but when we opened second time it is not responding.

Please let me know if you got any solution for this

regards

pratap reddy

JHall
16-Pearl
(To:prkun)

What service pack are you at on Windchill 11.0 M030?  We are at CPS09.  Perhaps that may make a difference.

We have occasional issues like this on Windows 7 machines.  Are you using a 3rd party CAD system?  We are using Inventor 2017 on both Win 7 and Win 10 machines.  Recently we had some Win 7 updates that required us to reset the local workspace location in those machines.  I can report that the Win 10 machines seem more stable in our experience than Win 7.

James

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS09
WGM 11.0 M030
Inventor Pro 2017
Windows 10
SAP Version 7400.3.10.1126

prkun
7-Bedrock
(To:JHall)

HI james,

Thanks for your response we are using below..

Windchill 11.0 M030

WGM 11.0 M030

Solid Works 2017

Windows 10

Top Tags