cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WINDU SeriesSortIdDiagnosticTask Potential Problem task

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

WINDU SeriesSortIdDiagnosticTask Potential Problem task

Hi All,

Upon running WINDU i got a potential problem as "SeriesSortIdDiagnosticTask"

I had followed the steps in the case

CS52067

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS52067&source=Bloop

When Windchill server is fully up we execute the below command in Windchill Shell and ensure correct number of sort ids are repopulated. We use Windchill Site Administrator credentials when prompted to complete the execution of command.

windchill wt.series.SeriesSortValuePopulater

But thereafter there is no result. I had entered the command in Windchill and thereafter nothing got processed or executed. Within windchill shell it shows nothing (like the cursor goes to the next line but nothing is getting processed) and also there is no change in the method server log/background method server logs. So can anyone please let me know like what might have happened and why isn`t it executing anything ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Aditya Achanta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:aachanta)

Aditya Achanta‌,

Are you getting prompted to log in when you run the SeriesSortValuePopulater utility? If it is not popping that login window up then that is probably where it is hanging. What OS is Windchill running on? If running on Unix you may want to make sure that the display is set correctly so that the login window will appear.

If you are getting a login window make sure you are entering in the credentials for the site admin account.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
aachanta
13-Aquamarine

Hi All,

If anyone is aware of it.

Kindly let me know about the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Achanta

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Aditya Achanta‌,

Are you getting prompted to log in when you run the SeriesSortValuePopulater utility? If it is not popping that login window up then that is probably where it is hanging. What OS is Windchill running on? If running on Unix you may want to make sure that the display is set correctly so that the login window will appear.

If you are getting a login window make sure you are entering in the credentials for the site admin account.

Any idea how long it takes to execute approximately after enter of login details.?

Top Tags