cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WINDU "Validate Users, Groups and Organizations in the DB and LDAP" fails with unknown JNDI adapter

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite

WINDU "Validate Users, Groups and Organizations in the DB and LDAP" fails with unknown JNDI adapter

This is a system that was moved up from PDMEssentials 10.2 M030-CPS13 to PDMLink 10.2 M030-CPS13, without any issues reported during that activity.

Now I have to upgrade it to PDMLink 11.0, which means going through the WINDU  'Mandatory Before Upgrading from Windchill 10.2' pre-tests.

I have done a few of these 10.x to 11.x upgrades on test systems (PDMLink to PDMLink), and I got used to tracking down these JNDI errors, typically entries that point to the wrong Search Base left over from previous upgrades.

The PrincipalValidator log indicates that I am missing 'com.ptc.ptcnet.EnterpriseLdap'.....?

"Caused by: wt.util.WTException: No JNDI Adapter named 'com.ptc.ptcnet.EnterpriseLdap'

The only reference to 'ptc.ptcnet' anything that I can find are from PTC's training and documentation examples. ptcnet(dot)com points to a shady looking 'buy a domain site'. I most definitively do not have that adapter listed in the info*engine page, and the actual name of the company this belongs to isn't even close to ptc anything.

?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Invisigoth)

I forgot to look at the wt.properties file. The com.ptc.ptcnet.EnterpriseLdap entry is there. I need to make a change according to this doc.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Invisigoth)

I forgot to look at the wt.properties file. The com.ptc.ptcnet.EnterpriseLdap entry is there. I need to make a change according to this doc.

Top Tags