cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WINDU "Validate Users, Groups and Organizations in the DB and LDAP" fails with unknown JNDI adapter

SOLVED
Highlighted
Alexandrite

WINDU "Validate Users, Groups and Organizations in the DB and LDAP" fails with unknown JNDI adapter

This is a system that was moved up from PDMEssentials 10.2 M030-CPS13 to PDMLink 10.2 M030-CPS13, without any issues reported during that activity.

Now I have to upgrade it to PDMLink 11.0, which means going through the WINDU  'Mandatory Before Upgrading from Windchill 10.2' pre-tests.

I have done a few of these 10.x to 11.x upgrades on test systems (PDMLink to PDMLink), and I got used to tracking down these JNDI errors, typically entries that point to the wrong Search Base left over from previous upgrades.

The PrincipalValidator log indicates that I am missing 'com.ptc.ptcnet.EnterpriseLdap'.....?

"Caused by: wt.util.WTException: No JNDI Adapter named 'com.ptc.ptcnet.EnterpriseLdap'

The only reference to 'ptc.ptcnet' anything that I can find are from PTC's training and documentation examples. ptcnet(dot)com points to a shady looking 'buy a domain site'. I most definitively do not have that adapter listed in the info*engine page, and the actual name of the company this belongs to isn't even close to ptc anything.

?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: WINDU "Validate Users, Groups and Organizations in the DB and LDAP" fails with unknown

I forgot to look at the wt.properties file. The com.ptc.ptcnet.EnterpriseLdap entry is there. I need to make a change according to this doc.

1 REPLY 1

Re: WINDU "Validate Users, Groups and Organizations in the DB and LDAP" fails with unknown

I forgot to look at the wt.properties file. The com.ptc.ptcnet.EnterpriseLdap entry is there. I need to make a change according to this doc.