cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

WPA - Search for Substance Percentage at Part or Homogeneous Material levels

ptc-4184081
3-Visitor

WPA - Search for Substance Percentage at Part or Homogeneous Material levels

In Windchill Product Analytics, when performing a Search for Supplier Part, users should have the ability to search for Substance Percentage (PPM) at the either the part level or the Homogeneous Material level.

Prior to the removal of the Substance Percentage, there was only the ability to search at the Homogeneous Material level; we would like to be able to search for PPM at Part Level as well.

It is our understanding the search by Substance Percentage is being reinstated in an upcoming release

1 REPLY 1

Anahid

As we are looking at options for providing additional capabilities to identify parts based on the concentration of a substance present, we are putting together some scenarios and use cases related to this functionality. 

Here is an example of a scenario related to this feature.  Does this match what you as a user are trying to accomplish?

* As a user, I want to be able to identify supplier parts containing a specific substance above a user entered threshold so that I can take action on existing supplier parts that contain a substance that is being proposed or added to an upcoming regulation.

* Scenario:  ECHA proposes a new list of substances to be added to the REACH regulation.  Customers want to be able to assess the impact of these substances becoming restricted.

Please let me know if this is the type of scenario where you would want to use this new functionality.  If this is matches the expected usage of this functionality, I would like to follow up further to discuss how you would use the results set generated, types of actions you need to take based on the results and if there are other types of analysis or filtered based on attributes that you want to do once you have the set of parts with a substance exceeding a defined threshold.

Mark

Top Tags