cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WS Dependency Attribute Component ID??

gleonard
1-Newbie

WS Dependency Attribute Component ID??

Pro/USER's,

Here's a new one for me anyway: We recently updated to 3.4 M062 from M030 for the purposes of going to WF4. In a linked WF3 session, we retrieve a particular assembly from the WS, and then Save without issue. With a linked WF4 session however, same WS, same assembly, when attempting to save, the following Conflict Dialog appears, and the Pro/E Message window reports: "could not be saved to the workspace".

Is this a feature? What are we being asked to do here exactly?

Thanks,
--
George Leonard,
Space Systems/Loral
T:408-372-7763
F:650-852-7170

1 REPLY 1

No responses on this, so hopefully this is a rare case. In any event, it seems WF4 linked sessions are pickier about unverified Family Tables than WF3 sessions were. I hunted down a generic subassy model that contained the instances mentioned in this dialog, brought it up and verified, and the "conflicts" seem to have been resolved. Guess we'll chalk this up to another side effect of running WF4. Going live with it here later this month.

Thanks,

G.

George Leonard wrote:Pro/USER's,

Here's a new one for me anyway: We recently updated to 3.4 M062 from M030 for the purposes of going to WF4. In a linked WF3 session, we retrieve a particular assembly from the WS, and then Save without issue. With a linked WF4 session however, same WS, same assembly, when attempting to save, the following Conflict Dialog appears, and the Pro/E Message window reports: "could not be saved to the workspace".

Is this a feature? What are we being asked to do here exactly?

Thanks,
--
George Leonard,
Space Systems/Loral
Top Tags