cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

WT Part Structure

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

WT Part Structure

Hi Everyone,

Can't see the WT Parts Structure

Image 1: I have a 3 model, 1-ASM & 2-Component. (Structure: PO_A.ASM/P1_P.prt/P2.P.prt )

Image 2: I only select the main assembly & the 2nd component (P2_P.prt) to auto-associate with WT parts.

Image 3: I check the data into Windchill. (CAD+WT)

Image 4: Then after opening the 1st Component P1_P.prt auto-associate check in the wt part only in windchill.

In Images 5 & 6: 5 image I only see the one WT part main assembly, but in 6 image I can see the part with CAD data.

How we can resolve this,

Thanks in Advance,

Amiro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hi @Amirtharaj_K 

The build action is in the right click on a CAD in a workspace

HelesicPetr_0-1695102259602.png

For some additional information compare the CAD Structure to WTPart, it can help you to identify the reason. 

HelesicPetr_1-1695102321792.png

btw from the Compare to Part Structure you can build multilevel structure

HelesicPetr_3-1695102405204.png

PetrH

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

If you just check-in WTPart duting association. then there is no propagation info from CAD to WTpart,

You need to use Build Associated Part function from workspace to correct the propagation. 

HelesicPetr_0-1694772313740.png

Function is available in a right click menu on the CAD Part from workspace or from detail page action menu

CAD Part can not be check-outed

PetrH

Hi Mr. Petr, Thanks for your replied.

You mean when we check in the data, enable 'Auto Associate Parts to CAD Documents' in the workspace, because I can't see it in the right click menu in WT. Please give me more details.

Regards,

Amir

Hello @Amirtharaj_K 

You need to click on the CAD Document the 3D model. 

If 3D Model is check-in and WTPart does not exist then the WTPart is automatically created and the build is done during an auto-association and the behavior depends on a preference configuration. 

if 3D model has been already checked in and WTPart does not exists, then the "manual" auto-association creates a wtpart with a link to 3Dmodel , but it does not build the attributes, visualization and structure. 

In this case you need to use the build association part

PetrH

I created one assembly from Creo, which totals 3 qty (including the main assembly). after using the upload to the server to determine whether the same name exists or not. Then using the auto associate with 2 qty one is the main assembly and the last component only not the middle component. Check-in successfully without enabling the auto-associate with WT parts. 

Then again I took only the middle component to follow the same steps.

Here i have a problem 3 components have a wt part right, but when I open the CAD data main assembly, if I enable the WT view in the table I can see it. but if I open the WT directly I can't see the structure I only see the main assembly WT Part. 

So how we can link WT parts to each other? because I can't see the WT Part in the Uses and occurence tab. But if I manually added it, I can view it.

build association part - where we can get it, please share the screenshot.

If it's the whole assembly means I can get the structure but if I individually check in means I couldn't see it.

Thanks in Advance,

Amir

hi @Amirtharaj_K 

The build action is in the right click on a CAD in a workspace

HelesicPetr_0-1695102259602.png

For some additional information compare the CAD Structure to WTPart, it can help you to identify the reason. 

HelesicPetr_1-1695102321792.png

btw from the Compare to Part Structure you can build multilevel structure

HelesicPetr_3-1695102405204.png

PetrH

Thank you for your support, Mr.Petr.

Top Tags