cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

WTPart doesn't build

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

WTPart doesn't build

Version: Windchill 12.0

Use Case: A stand-alone Creo CAD document (imported step) is checked in. It has an owner-associated WTPart but the "Build Status" in the structure tab shows blank. As a result, when the CAD document is used in an assembly, the WTPart doesn't show up in the assembly structure.

Description:

There are no errors and if I force-build the part it says "Part built successfully" but the build status doesn't change and the WTPart doesn't show in the parent level assembly structure. 

Our site settings are Operation/CheckIn Operation/Build After Check in = All. 

Visualization is published and everything works... but since the part isn't built it doesn't exist in the eBOM. 

6 REPLIES 6
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Dobi)

Hi @Dobi 

The point is that you use a step file as a source model.

How the step file is assembled to the assembly?

I guess It has to be a native model not step file.

PetrH

Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:HelesicPetr)

@HelesicPetr  it's a step import that's saved as a Creo .prt file. So the CAD template is our own and the model tree just shows a single import feature geometry. 

We have lots of others like this (off the shelf models of certain components) that work just fine. 

With this one, the CAD model is correct. I was able to manually add the existing WTPart model to the eBOM structure and then it built fine there. So I'm not sure why it wouldn't do it automatically from the CAD structure. 

There are 3 more assemblies that have this issue with this same WTPart. The manual method is fine but very quickly becomes too much if this is normal behavior. 

I don't know how else to troubleshoot this to figure out what is causing the no build. 

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @Dobi 

There can be an attribute like NO_WTPART that can case this behavior 

CS156068 - No associated WTPart created by Auto-Associate

CS268136 - How to disable auto-association for a specific CAD document

PetrH

Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:HelesicPetr)

@Dobi 

Yes, as Petr says, I was also thinking the same.

Please check if you have such an attribute(Boolean) on CAD Document. Set it as "False", and recheck, it should build the WTPart.

Cheers

Hari

anursingh

Hi @Dobi,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:anursingh)

I'm still trying to root cause and find a more permanent repair than "manually add and rebuild".

Top Tags