cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

WTPart viewables with no WTDocument

JHall
16-Pearl

WTPart viewables with no WTDocument

Greetings,

We have a situation where we have a bunch of WTParts, but no WTDocuments that pair with them.  We also have loads of JPG photos of these objects.  There's a desire to load these photos into the WTPart somehow and create a viewable, and not create a WTDocument.  I'm not certain this is possible. 

We clearly can make a WTDocument, associate it and see that viewable, but management wants to avoid the work time of creating these objects. 

Any ideas how this could be done without a WTDocument? 
TIA, James

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS09
WGM 11.0 M030
Inventor Pro 2017
Windows 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you need really a visualization? I'm thinking about two possibilities:

1. Enable Attachments for WTPart (In the preference manager). There you can upload multiple jpgs to a single WTPart.

2. Create a new tab on the WTPart and show the table "Representations/Annotations" and then create a new manual visualization.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Do you need really a visualization? I'm thinking about two possibilities:

1. Enable Attachments for WTPart (In the preference manager). There you can upload multiple jpgs to a single WTPart.

2. Create a new tab on the WTPart and show the table "Representations/Annotations" and then create a new manual visualization.

You beat me to the punch, I was just about to add this answer!  🙂  

It's super easy, just add the attachment, add the Representations/Annotations tab, create the manual Representation, set as default.  Works like a champ.

Thanks!

Top Tags