cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

WTParts with multiple CADs

FBZ3D
4-Participant

WTParts with multiple CADs

Dear Community,

I'll try to be as cleas as possible with an exemple: we have a belt used on multiple machines, for each machine (with different pulleys) we have a different Solid Edge Belt 3D file. In structure -> Visualization we can see for every machine the same representation, created from the first CAD we uploded (owner). My question: Is it possible to choose a different Representation based on Machine we want to display?

P.S. In the belt's WTPart we have the representation for each CAD.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
JM-Fr
2-Guest
(To:FBZ3D)

Hi

Pretty old topic but I don't see any answer to this. Is that specific to Solid Edge? In CreO, the same question is how to have different representations of  a belt in different assemblies. The wish is to have the associated WTPart properly added to the WTPart BOM of each assembly.

My suggestion: why not to have 1 single CAD carrying the profile of the belt (in a sketch), and the length in an attribute. It can be added to the CAD assembly to build automatically the WTPart structure. For the representation that is different from an assembly to another, it is possible to create a surface sweep in assembly mode, reusing the belt sketch of the component.

Has anybody a better solution to manage this?

Thanks

Top Tags