cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WVS AfterLoader

ChiselnMallet1
12-Amethyst

WVS AfterLoader

Hello folks,

I'm trying to get the AfterLoader set up...  when following the instructions for running the following

javac -classpath %CLASSPATH%;%WT_HOME%\srclib\tool\Annotations.jar -d %wt_home%\codebase AfterEDRloader.java

i get a invalid flag error... I'm a touch new... I don't think there are environment variables set on my install.  What would my %CLASSPATH% be set to?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

See attached doc when I put this in a few years ago.  Had same issue - solved by setting java path in the cmd window.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

as in... what would the path be so I can just type the path into the command....

You can alternatively run below command first:

1. set CLASSPATH=%WT_HOME%\srclib\tool\Annotations.jar;%WT_HOME%\srclib\tool\AnnotationProcessing.jar;%CLASSPATH%

(Make sure your WT_HOME is set)

javac -d %WT_HOME%/codebase ext/company/wvs/AfterEDRloader.java

(ext/company/wvs is where you stored your AfterEDRloader.java file)

I don't believe %WT_HOME% is set

I can just type in the path yes?  would i need quotations for the path?

Ok... i just used the paths... i did get the following... is this ok?

C:\PTC\Windchill_11.2\Windchill\src\com\ptc\wvs\util>javac -d C:\PTC\Windchill_11.2\Windchill\src\com\ptc\wvs\util AfterEDRloader.java
warning: Supported source version 'RELEASE_7' from annotation processor 'com.microsoft.azure.management.apigeneration.LangDefinitionProcessor' less than -source '1.8'
1 warning

See attached doc when I put this in a few years ago.  Had same issue - solved by setting java path in the cmd window.

Thank ya sir!  I was able to set everything up but the stp file extension... 

0 [main] ERROR com.ptc.windchill.structconf.StructConfManager - Extra unrecognized arguments: "stp"

was returned... it took pdf.

I had just a space between pdf and stp.. is that syntax no good?

I forget which but requires .stp for Creo Parametric and .step for SolidWorks (or vice versa).

No matter how good the CS articles are I always find it necessary to create a complete document like that one. Wish I could sell them somehow 🙂

Thanks!  it took just "pdf"... and it took just "stp"  but I can't seem to get both in...

Well... almost... I was able to set the properties in wvs.properties, but no attachments showed up.  And the log produced this

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ptc.wvs.util.AfterEDRloader  

I've tried to run the command per your doc but I get this error still

javac: invalid flag:Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_202\lib\tools.jar;C:\ptc\Windchill_11.2\Windchill\tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\ptc\Windchill_11.2\Windchill\tomcat\bin\tomcat-juli.jar;C:\PTC\Windchill_11.2\Windchill\srclib\tool\Annotations.jar

the wt.properties file reads this though:

wt.javac.classpath=$(wt.java.classpath)$(path.sep)$(wt.annotations.jar)

Any ideas where i've gone wrong

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs324171

This article took care of the invalid flag error....  

Using -s publish.afterloadermethod.copyToEPM.Filext="pdf stp" -p worked to get both extensions in.

Top Tags