cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

WVS publishin - SolidWorks - handling of suppressed objects

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

WVS publishin - SolidWorks - handling of suppressed objects

<<<Applies to you if you are using Windchill publishing with SolidWorks data >>>

(I still shudder every day about going over to the "dark side" of SW, but it's interesting and mainly from acquisitions - similar for many companies and life goes on)

Learned recently that the Creo View adapter on the CAD Worker behaves as follows (different from Creo Parametric publishing): If the recipe file is set to "Fail Publish for Missing Dependents=yes" then it fails every SW assembly / drawing for which any component is suppressed - including intentional suppression of SW configurations (handled as Windchill family table instances).

Because of this, we have no choice but to leave "Fail Publish for Missing Dependents=no."

PTC just published this article based on our tech support case: CS257786 https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?source=subscription&n=CS257786

So I'd like to create an Idea here suggesting that PTC change this to match Creo Parametric - allow Suppressed, but fail for actual missing dependents.

Just throwing this out for comment first.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MikeLockwood)

I wonder if you could push back on this - maybe even escalate it up the food chain.  A "Suppressed" component is not the same as "missing dependent".  The second will cause failures.  The first will not.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:TomU)

Definitely would like to have some feedback on this PTC product management responsible for publishing SolidWorks.  Agree that it's a relatively serious thing to group "Missing" with "Suppressed."

Top Tags