cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Was The Windchill Table WorkflowVariableEventInfo Retired?

DK_10560861
3-Visitor

Was The Windchill Table WorkflowVariableEventInfo Retired?

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know if the Windchill table WorkflowVariableEventInfo is retired in version 12.0.2 and forward in the Windchill database? If so, does anyone by chance know what table it was replaced with in the Windchill database?

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @DK_10560861 

The WorkflowVariableEventInfo table still exists in my installation Windchill 12.0.2.8 so I do not think that the table is retired 

HelesicPetr_0-1680010689515.png

PetrH

Thank you so much! We have the table as well, but it stopped being updated when we migrated to version 12.0.2. I should have specified that in my original post and I apologize for not doing so.

Does your WorkflowVariableEventInfo table continue to get updated with new rows in your Windchill version 12.0.2.8?

Hi

in my case the table is empty. But the system is clear installation without user usage.

So my question is what information has been stored in the table? (I know variable of the workflow >D but what exactly :D)

PetrH

hi @DK_10560861 

btw my Windchill 11.1 M020 CPS 08 installation does not contains any data in the table. 

This system has been used a lot. 

PetrH

Okay. Thanks for the information!

There was a rejection reason being stored there that users could add when there was a rejection in the task workflow process. Based off of what I am reading in the responses, I am wondering if the ability to add a rejection reason was something custom created and when the upgrade to version 12.0.2 occurred, something in the custom logic broke.

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:DK_10560861)

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:rleir)

Good one @rleir

So it could be audit record for workflow events(complete task and so on) that are not recorded OOTB now days I think. 

PS: Security audit records are stored in an AuditRecord table

PetrH

That very well could be! Thank you!

I am wondering if the ability to add a rejection reason was something custom created and when the upgrade to version 12.0.2 occurred, something in the custom logic broke.

@DK_10560861 , I never heard of an OOTB reason for rejection.

What I usually do is this, if a workflow is sent to Rework or Reject the user is required to specify why.

Their comments are then added to a history in the workflow and this history is displayed in all relevant workflow tasks.

Rework user can added to the history as well.

The whole thread displays like a chat window. The name of the user who added the comment is automatically added to their comment(s).

You can run but you can’t hide 😁

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:DK_10560861)

The Audit system is configurable in server-side XMLs. Maybe the default configuration changed in the upgrade? 

FYI, I have an OOTB installation of 12.1.2.0.

This dB also has the table.

Good to know. Thank you!

Top Tags