cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Watermark added in Windchill

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Watermark added in Windchill

Hi Everyone,

I created a watermark using the watermark editor, Currently, I added a manual way in Creo View Is there any other method in Windchill?

Like once we add in Windchill, another user can see when they open in Creo View without adding the .ini file in Creo View is it possible? 

Thanks in Advance,

Amir

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

btw, your preference xml file does not contain configuration for ini files.

this is the reason why it does not work for you

example

HelesicPetr_0-1694598653126.png

PetrH

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

Yes it is possible, you need to set visualization configuration to force users to use the Windchill configuration 

CS35006 - How to configure the use of watermarks in Creo View, based on CAD Document lifecycle states in Windchill PDMLink

Create server-side watermarks in Windchill PDMLink server:

1. Browse to Creo View preferences location in Windows Explorer; default path is %APPDATA%\PTC\ProductView
  2. Rename file user_prefs.xml to server_prefs.xml
  3. Launch the Windchill Visualization Configuration Administration utility from the target Windchill Context Utilities
  4. Create a WVS Configuration and upload the server_prefs.xmlwmk000#.ini and Stamp related *.bmp files to it (can also be done using a Zip file containing the same files

HelesicPetr_1-1694593389360.png

PetrH

Thanks, Mr. Peter 
I followed your steps and did everything, I got a watermark on the Server end. But if I open it in the User machine I can't see the watermark, After I added the ini file on that machine I could see it.

Please find the attachment.

Amir

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

Have you loaded the INI file in windchill? 

also check the locked options for preferences.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS32479?

HelesicPetr_0-1694594997140.png

PetrH

Hi Mr. Petr

Image 5: I added the ini in the windchill server creo view and set it as default to enable printing and viewing. We can see that watermark in below. (Renamed the user_prefs.xml to server_prefs.xml)

Image 6: Added in Creo View Configuration

Image 7: I opened with another machine who have the URL link access if that user tried to open in his machine through Creo view he couldn't see the watermark. (In that machine I am not adding the ini)

Thanks

And i din't know where I can set "true", please give me more explain.

@Amirtharaj_K 

The article describes it how to set locked preferences

HelesicPetr_0-1694597787504.png

I guess that you miss some configuration in the watermark creation where you need to set a type of document where the watermark has to be shown,. 

The ini files should be used from windchill instead of use the local one. 

check also this CS57692 - How to configure Creo View Server-side Watermarks to be displayed when viewing or printing

PetrH

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

btw, your preference xml file does not contain configuration for ini files.

this is the reason why it does not work for you

example

HelesicPetr_0-1694598653126.png

PetrH

Please check this one, I tested it's not working.

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

Please, can you just set your creo view instance that can show the watermarks as you need

and use the user_prefs.xml as a server_prefs.xml with full definition ?

it should work. 

PS: I use true/false without capital first char. It can be case sensitive. 

PetrH

It works Thank you for your support Mr. Petr, please share more details to create preference.xml for other things.

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

What are the other things ?

PetrH

How we can use this for the conversion like step, iges, drawing pdf and etc.., 

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

Conversion where? by worker in Creo Parametric? this is configuration just for Creo View. 

You can again check this article CS57692

but it still just for showing in the Creo VIew. 

for watermarking in PDF you need some customization or you can use extension Watermark Starter that is free

HelesicPetr_1-1694603208852.pngHelesicPetr_0-1694603179439.png

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags