cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Way of working Release Product variant and variant specification

AB_10702151
6-Contributor

Way of working Release Product variant and variant specification

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.9

We use configurable products to created variant part numbers, also creating a variant specification. When releasing the variant part we would like to release the variant specification as well. What is the best practice / idea how to release a variant specification together with the variant part(s)? I tried to find a solution using a collector, but this seems not to be possible. Looking for a efficient way of working
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:AB_10702151)

Hello Arjen,

It's Fadel again,  there is no way to do this with collectors  in stock Windchill (Maybe with configurable links but not sure ).

The best way to workaround this is to  to copy the VS to clipboard, release the Variant module  and then paste the VS from clipboard to the affected/resulting objects table (same should work for set state and Revise).

BR,

Fadel

Fede

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Hello Arjen,

It's Fadel again,  there is no way to do this with collectors  in stock Windchill (Maybe with configurable links but not sure ).

The best way to workaround this is to  to copy the VS to clipboard, release the Variant module  and then paste the VS from clipboard to the affected/resulting objects table (same should work for set state and Revise).

BR,

Fadel

Fede
AB_10702151
6-Contributor
(To:Fadel)

Fadel, I hope PTC will improve this towards the future.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Good morning Arjen,

yes I agree,  please feel free to submit a product Idea https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS67713 

Fede
Top Tags