The"new view" action should be under Actions menue directelly and not Under the sbmenu Actions\menue.
So, this action does not create a very new object.
However, the action new version create realy a new object is Under menue Action.
The action semantics does not respect the actions a classification.
So we propose to change this action Under Actions menue.
Should this be moved to the Windchill Ideas forum?
You can achieve this by following below steps.
1. Open "<WT_HOME>\codebase\config\actions\PartClient-actionmodels.xml" file
2. Locate below line under "more parts toolbar actions new" model:
<action name="newViewVersion" type="part"/>
3. Comment out this line
4. Add same line under "more parts actions" model
5. Save this file.
6. As a Windchill Administrator access below URL:
7. Click Reload Action(s)
8. Navigate to Folder page and you will observe that New View Version is now available under Actions menu.
Note: Above steps are just for your illustration purpose, make sure you follow Best Customization Practices to avoid maintanance update override.