cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Weird promotion activity

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Weird promotion activity

The last few promtion requests that have been processed have done some weird things. Nothing has changed to the workflow or lifecycle in years. No new Windchill patches or build applied.

When the 2 reveiwers have both approved a request, the request is moved to a designated folder but stays at 'Under Review' state. It used to change to the state of the promotion, either 'Rejected' or 'Approved'. Also the items being promted are not having their state set to 'Released'. I can go in and manually set the state of both the promotion request and the objects, but it is a pain to need to do so.

I have opened a help ticket with PTC but with their usual response of 'Let's do a WebEx session'. When I denied that, they said they would get back to me on Monday, I opened the call Friday afternoon, and I haven't heard from them yet. In my environment a WebEx is not possible as the computer network is not on the internet for security reasons.

Slight rant at PTC follows

Customers that cannot have you connect by WebEx or use your fancy Web-based diagnostic tools pay the same maintenance fees that your other customers do. You need to develop troubleshoting tools that can be applied for all of your users without isolating those of us that have restricted data access. How many others face this same challenge when dealing with PTC support?

Rant off

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Top Tags