cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

What are the unauthorized or forbidden characters in Windchill ?

RABOU_Francois
8-Gravel

What are the unauthorized or forbidden characters in Windchill ?

I know that some restrictions exist for naming of container in Windchill. Does it exist also some restriction in usable characters for number or name for EPMdocument WTPart or WTdocument? Is it also possible to forbid some extra characters in preferences or by setting a constraint in Windchill?

Found today the case CS41839 which answers partially to my question and a table "Special Characters" in the help "Using Special Characters".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would also recommend using ASCII characters only in the file names, otherwise, you may encounter issues during publishing.

On 11.0 M30 we had problems with some popular characters, like '±', 'Ø', '°', 'µ', '¼', etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I believe article #  41839 and the documentation linked in that article, are the only sources of this info.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. We are on the same page. I think also that accentuated character or specific character (French, German, Cyrillic, Chinese, Japanese..) could also brings some issues. I give the same recommendation to not use them for number, name, folder name, containers... In fact what is belonging to WNC configuration and the good wheeling. For custom attributes fields why not but assuming the users are able to interpret them.

I would also recommend using ASCII characters only in the file names, otherwise, you may encounter issues during publishing.

On 11.0 M30 we had problems with some popular characters, like '±', 'Ø', '°', 'µ', '¼', etc.

Top Tags