cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

What is the difference between restricted domain and public domain ?

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

What is the difference between restricted domain and public domain ?

Hi All,

What is Public and Restricted Domains ? Can you please let me know about the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Achanta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Aditya,

Restricted domain is created by Windchill Bulk Migrator. If you set the property - com.ptc.windchill.migration.wbm.domain.restricted=true then objects loaded using legacy loaders will be loaded to restricted domain.

Only Admin user can access this data. The main use of restricted domain is to load the data in restricted domain for Production environment (Production is running) and test the data validity and then can be moved to public domain. This way we can avoid modification this migrated data during the data load. Once data moved to public domain then all users can access the data as per their ACL.

Hope this helps.!

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Kandepu.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Aditya,

Restricted domain is created by Windchill Bulk Migrator. If you set the property - com.ptc.windchill.migration.wbm.domain.restricted=true then objects loaded using legacy loaders will be loaded to restricted domain.

Only Admin user can access this data. The main use of restricted domain is to load the data in restricted domain for Production environment (Production is running) and test the data validity and then can be moved to public domain. This way we can avoid modification this migrated data during the data load. Once data moved to public domain then all users can access the data as per their ACL.

Hope this helps.!

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Kandepu.

aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:rkandepu-2)

Thanks Ravi,

I had posted another question here which is also related to WBM.

Can you also tell me the difference between File Based Attributes and Ad Hoc Attributes in Windchill ?

Top Tags