cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

What is the error 'K03_UWGM_ACTION_NAME_MODIFYFORPRIVATE'

pkreiter
1-Newbie

What is the error 'K03_UWGM_ACTION_NAME_MODIFYFORPRIVATE'

When a user tries to update his workspace he gets the following error: K03_UWGM_ACTION_NAME_MODIFYFORPRIVATE...never saw this one before.

8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:pkreiter)

What version/build, etc.

Windchill: 10.2 M030-CPS12

Creo: 3.0 M050

I had today a similar one:

Workspace Synchronization cannot be performed due to the conflict in File Name '<xxxxxxx_flat.prt>'

Workspace Refresh Failed in Action 'K03_UWGM_ACTION_NAME_UPLOAD'.

I've definitely seen this before, but can't find anything about it.  Strange.

kpark-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:pkreiter)

A user in our company received a similar error today that I have never seen before, trying to figure out what is going on.

Workspace Refresh Failed in Action 'K03_UWGM_ACTION_NAME_ADD'.

alouw
9-Granite
(To:kpark-2)

One of my users that I support also got the error : "Workspace Refresh Failed in Action 'K03_UWGM_ACTION_NAME_ADD'."

It seems as if the workspace somehow became corrupt and communication between Server and client-side workspaces somehow was affected.

The only way we could get it to work, was by deleting the workspace cache on the clients-side, and rebuilding it.

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:alouw)

Hi,

just experiencing the same with one user, getting this error message when trying "Add to workspace"

"Workspace Refresh Failed in Action 'K03_UWGM_ACTION_NAME_ADD'."

However, the objects (wtPart, cad models & assemblies & drawings) are found in the context root/default workspace, not the active one which was the target.

So, did you clear all caches on the Workstation in question and deleted the folder structure? That's it?

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:HJ1)

In our case there was more error messages. All happened in a Project context where a generic was not shared to the Project, only instances. This is described here:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS15693

Confusing symptons (once the adding to workspace without generic being shared fails ANY cad add to workspace fail..) with this one and the error message referring to master reference in EPMDocument and EPMDocumentMaster don't make the troubleshooting straight forward...

one user had the same error while adding objects to workspace. (WC10.2 M030)

Tried adding from Standalone browser. it worked fine. when he did add to workspace in Creo session, he had the below error.

Workspace Refresh Failed in Action 'K03_UWGM_ACTION_NAME_ADD'

Then again we removed from workspace and tried adding in creo embedded browser. it is working fine.

Don't know why this error occurs

Top Tags