cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

What is the purpose of the “Supplier Life Cycle State” - still selectable in MPN creation

ASodeik
4-Participant

What is the purpose of the “Supplier Life Cycle State” - still selectable in MPN creation

What is the intended purpose of the “Supplier Life Cycle State”

Supplier is set to state = Cancelled

Still findable and more worse selectable?

Why can it be searched for and still be selected and assigned?

at MPN creation:

ASodeik_1-1620316450929.png

ASodeik_0-1620316313794.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jvonzastrow1
14-Alexandrite
(To:ASodeik)

Hi Andreas

I am not sure what you mean with "no functionality". As I see, it is the same with other objects: CAD documents, wtdocuments, wtparts, ... Out of the box users have access to read objects in all states. Nothing prevent you from releasing a BOM with Obsolete/Cancel components at a lower level in the structure. This is where Business rules come into place. 

It also depend om how you setup roles and ACL. Adding users to Product Managers they can do anything 😉

BR

Johannes

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jvonzastrow1
14-Alexandrite

Hi @ASodeik 

With configuration of policy (ACL) you can remove users access to parts with Cancel state.

You could also configure a business rules when parts are released using change management. The business rule will check stated of "related" parts.

ASodeik
4-Participant
(To:jvonzastrow1)

Thanks for the quick reply - the answer helps to go forward.

Out of the box the supplier life cycle state has no functionality? Correct? 

Andreas

jvonzastrow1
14-Alexandrite

Hi Andreas

I am not sure what you mean with "no functionality". As I see, it is the same with other objects: CAD documents, wtdocuments, wtparts, ... Out of the box users have access to read objects in all states. Nothing prevent you from releasing a BOM with Obsolete/Cancel components at a lower level in the structure. This is where Business rules come into place. 

It also depend om how you setup roles and ACL. Adding users to Product Managers they can do anything 😉

BR

Johannes

ASodeik
4-Participant
(To:jvonzastrow1)

thanks a lot Johannes for your help - I will take it into our support to get ACLs setup.

Andreas

Top Tags