cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

What is the status of Change Notice that has been completed with Submit Later?

ScottMorris
17-Peridot

What is the status of Change Notice that has been completed with Submit Later?

Hi,

If a change notice is "saved" with the Submit Later option, what is the actual status of the CN? The Windchill HC is a little vague in this area and I have a few questions.

• Is the object pending creation?
  • Has the workflow initiated?
  • What happens if more than one user creates a CN with Submit Later and includes the same objects on it?
  • Is there any visibility for others to know about the pending CN?
    • Should the change status column show a pending CN in the Submit Later state?

I like this option because it allows people to mature the CN over time, but I'd like to have more visibility to it for others. Maybe I'm just missing something simple?

-Scott

1 REPLY 1

@ScottMorris 

Isn't it just Open and in the purview of the author?   As far as I can tell the ECN doesn't appear on the Affected objects until it is submitted.  No one else can see it, and it doesn't affect any parts. Or at least that's what happens in our system. 

This infers to me the process has started but only just begun, if that makes any sense.

James
Windchill 11.0 M030

Top Tags