cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

What type of association has to be used for 2D drawing?

schavan-2
1-Newbie

What type of association has to be used for 2D drawing?

While association drawing with WT Part we are having 2 options..

1. Content

2. Contributing Content.

In these two which one we have to use. What is the difference between these two association tyes?

7 REPLIES 7

Hello

Content is a basic "describe" link (to Document Version - copy forward when WTpart is revised. Not copy forward when Doc is revised)

Contributing Content is the same behaviour + able to synch attributes from CAD to WTpart (set attributes to synch in a preference )

regards

In the preferences, out of the box the attributes to carry through to the WTPart is set to *. However, I had a PTC ticket that said I could remove the * from that preference (effectively making it blank) in order to remove Contributing Content from the list of options when associating. This can be done for Contributing Image too. We have made this choice just to get consistency in the association types, and also less confusing for the end users when they're associating.

Thank you Mr.Ben Perry

Which type of association we have to use?

Contributing content or Content for the drawing....

May I know which type of association you are using for drawing in your organization?

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:schavan-2)

Since I removed the value in that preference, Content is the only allowed value for .DRW objects. We have no attributes on DRW objects that we want passed to the WTPart. Thus Contributing Content is not necessary. So removing it as an option makes things simple for the end user.

jstone-2
5-Regular Member
(To:BenPerry)

How were you able to remove contributing content from the list? Our Windchill 10.1 defaults to contributing content and we need to have content as default.

afraser-2
4-Participant
(To:jstone-2)

Hello Jeremy,

on the off chance you are still wondering about this, the preference is "Contributing Content Attributes" under "Build Service Preferences" under "EPM Service Preferences" available at the site level. As Ben said changing it's value from * to an empty field made it so only content links were available for Drawing objects.

Thank you Mr.Gregory PERASSO

Top Tags