cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

When creating a new CAD document in creo, how can I change Windchill settings where the number does not have .prt appended?

bradlawrence
9-Granite

When creating a new CAD document in creo, how can I change Windchill settings where the number does not have .prt appended?

When creating a new CAD document in creo, how can I change Windchill settings so the number field does not auto populate where .prt is not appended?

Per below example: I created a new creo CAD file, file name is 46689090.prt.

But the number field will append the .prt to it, how can I make it come in with the just the 8-digit number?

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try Preferences... "Upload Drop Number File Extension" set to Yes.

You may run into issues if you have not Soft-Typed your Drawings and use a model number = drawing number convention, as the Number must be unique within a Type. models (prt & asm) as well as Drawings (drw) are all CAD Documents (same type) so the Number must be unique.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Try Preferences... "Upload Drop Number File Extension" set to Yes.

You may run into issues if you have not Soft-Typed your Drawings and use a model number = drawing number convention, as the Number must be unique within a Type. models (prt & asm) as well as Drawings (drw) are all CAD Documents (same type) so the Number must be unique.

Top Tags