cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

When we have files in our workspace and we modify one of them, we get a bunch of other files get modified. They will be files we did not even modifying, but for some reason they have a modified cross by them. You have to check them out so you can check in

bmclemore
6-Contributor

When we have files in our workspace and we modify one of them, we get a bunch of other files get modified. They will be files we did not even modifying, but for some reason they have a modified cross by them. You have to check them out so you can check in

files you work on in your workspace that will be modified when you go to check them in to commonspace there are always more files that seem to be modified. You have to check these files out so you can check them in. It is a challenge. Thanks Billy

3 REPLIES 3

You can try to use the propertie regenerate_read_only_objects - NO in your config.pro.

If you lock all the files in the workspace before saving from Creo and unlock only the ones that you have checked out then they can't be marked modified because Creo will be unable to save new versions.

I think some items get changed in session because Creo upgrades them from earlier formats. Like if you open a Word 97 document with Office 360 and save as .docx; the format changes even if you don't edit anything.

Other times it's because of dependencies.

Windchill, I'm assuming, can be set to allow checking in only checked out items without checking in all modified related items. That's up to the admin. Some set it up so that it will refuse to check in unless all modified items are checked in.

If you find you have modified items, you can select the ones that should not be modified and choose ADD to Workspace; then make sure to select "Initially selected" and then look at the Advanced tab to make sure that -only- the item you want will be "added' to over-write the modified ones and not the ones you wanted to change. Then select everything and lock them.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:dschenken)

modifications like this have been occurring in our environment for over 10 years.  I've come to accept it as intended functionality for family tables!

IN regards to the best and most efficient process of checking cad objects into windchill, the below process is an option

IN my opinion locking objects and using add to workspace in any of this process is wasted effort.  Use due diligence to ch out objects up front or as they get modified in Creo using the popup.  ignore the modified objects when you check in...I use custom checkin from Creo to see the list of objects and minimize the amount of refreshes to the workspace table.

NOte:  if your company has small assemblies and can utilize add to workspace with required reps, then locking all objects may be a good option.

Top Tags