cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Where Used (Latest Version of Objects)

mdebower
18-Opal

Where Used (Latest Version of Objects)

QML file does a "Where Used" report with just the latest version of both the searched for and returned objects.  Uses EPM Documents, not WTParts.

-marc

CAD / PLM Systems Manager

TriMark Corporation

5 REPLIES 5
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:mdebower)

Marc, These are great and very helpful!  Have you done any Query Reports with Family Tables?  I'm working on the seven scenaries listed below.  I have a line of site for 1,3,4,5 and 6.  Item 2 is the one that I know will require some complicatd logic! 

1. Instances residing in folders different from the Generic.
  2. Instances deleted and (not residing from the latest version of the generic + residing in the latest version of a where used assembly.) 
  3. Unverified or Unknown Instances at latest iteration.
  4. Instances not iterated/modified at the same time as the latest Generic
  5. Partially Checked out Family Tables
  6. Partially Released Family Table Instances if latest version of generic is released.
  7. Instance Accelerators not attached to the latest iteration of the instance.       

I haven't done any reports on family tables yet.  We do use quite a few of them around here.  So at some point, I am sure I will be asked to do one.  Have you looked at the Resource for Reporting document that Marco Tosin‌ created?  There is a lot of good information there.

Resource for reporting

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Yes...I've looked through the resource many times!  There is only one report ever created for family tables...but it is missing almost every attribute that I need for the list above.

Still looking for the QML code for this column in the tables.  Tech support hasn't been able to answer it yet and I've asked a couple experts without luck.  I'm starting to hate Windchill UI more and more each day...I bet Teamcenter data model is much easier. They probably have it set up to where a user can drag and drop the column into the query report builder...

Capture.JPG

Bill,

I think you can select "Verified" from EPMDoc table.

What you'll see is Yes or No

FT.PNG

Marco
BillRyan
15-Moonstone

If it was only that easy!   The Verified is used in another query report I created to find all the assemblies in our database that will need to be repaired to build WTPart Product Structure.  Reference case CS145803 which is where the picture below came from.  You can associate WTParts against those assemblies in your picture, but try to build...you will see what I mean!  You can also see Verification = no on items where family table status = 0 (which are not family tables)

Capture.JPG

Top Tags