cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Where did the Open in Creo View go from the version history table of a cad file?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Where did the Open in Creo View go from the version history table of a cad file?

We just upgraded from PDMLink 10.1 M040 to 10.1 M050 this past weekend.

I have one user that said in M040 you could right-click on a link in the Version History table of a CAD file and the menu would display an option to Open in Creo View. Now in M050 it's not there.

Can anyone confirm that was there in M040? If so why would PTC remove that? And why remove it BETWEEN BUILDS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

Nobody answered so I had to go to the full-proof method. The exploder list.

There were a bunch of actions exposed on several tables that were never supposed to be there so they were removed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

Nobody answered so I had to go to the full-proof method. The exploder list.

There were a bunch of actions exposed on several tables that were never supposed to be there so they were removed.

We just upgraded to PDMLink 10.1 M050 also and I am really missing all of those options from the Right Click menu!

For example, when I am looking at the Version History on the information page, I want to be able to open several objects in Creo View, or be able to add to WS and open in Creo, etc.

PTC, Please bring it back! your mistake worked really well and was very useful...even more so than some of your "features".

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:LawrenceS)

ptc-2108801‌‌, in reference to your comment about opening multiple objects in Creo View at the same time, please see this Product Idea: Open multiple drawings in Creo View without going through clipboard. Maybe you can add "version history table" as a possible candidate for where that button would go.

Thanks for the suggestion Ben. I went ahead and added a comment. Feel free to do the same if you think it could be more clear.

I find it really annoying & pedantic to submit and vote for past functionality to return. I think it is making me a bit more bitter towards PTC methodology, and far less enthusiastic about "updates" and claimed "improvements".

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
Top Tags