cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Where do I find the list of possible end states for WTParts?

jhall2
6-Contributor

Where do I find the list of possible end states for WTParts?

I just want the list, but can't seem to find it.

Thanks.  James

4 REPLIES 4
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:jhall2)

You've probably found the list of possible States, either displayed on the details page for the WTPart or by reviewing the lifecycle.  "End State(s)" would be dependent on a number of factors such as using Change Management workflows, Promotion Notices or an Advanced Lifecycle.  If Advanced, it's going to be determined by the Workflow associated to the Advanced Workflow.  If Change Management or Promotion it will be a function of the CM or PN Workflow and the State Change or Promote transition (see the Lifecycle).

Hope this helps, Keir

jhall2
6-Contributor
(To:kpritchard)

I didn't ask the question very well.

I can see the end states we have on lifecycles, I'm wondering what Windchill offers as end states in the out of the box version.  I mean what are the possible end states to choose from?

kpritchard
4-Participant

James,

To see all of the States that are loaded and can be used in a Lifecycle (new or customized), the best way I know is to run enumcustomize from the Windchill shell and browse to the resource bundle... StateRB (I think... and if I remember correctly look under wt.lifecycle.?)

bsindelar
6-Contributor

To expand on Keir's response, if you do not see a desired life cycle state in the default in the enumcustomize utility, you can always add your own custom state.

In order to make it take effect, you will also have to shut down Windchill, run the ant -f makejar.xml command, and then start Windchill back up.

Top Tags