cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Where used report

dvarkevisser
1-Newbie

Where used report

Dear all,

I have to replace a fasterer that is giving us problems. I want to attach all affected assemblies to the change request but unfortunatelly this fastener is used in a lot of assemblies.

To gather overview I want to export the where-used list to excel. How is this possible?

Best regards,

Dennis Varkevisser

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

One option you have is to create a QueryBuilder report instead of using the Where Used link.  This will give you an interface where you can just type in the WTPart number child of which you wish to get all of it's parents (or vice versa).  Note that this will only give you the "next level" up or down, but it sounds like this would work for you.

You can then easily export a QueryBuilder report to csv, to be opened in Excel.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

One option you have is to create a QueryBuilder report instead of using the Where Used link.  This will give you an interface where you can just type in the WTPart number child of which you wish to get all of it's parents (or vice versa).  Note that this will only give you the "next level" up or down, but it sounds like this would work for you.

You can then easily export a QueryBuilder report to csv, to be opened in Excel.

Yes, you can use the whereused report from here - https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS103435

To import the QML - https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS148905

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Hello Binesh,

Thank you for this awnser, unfortunatelly I did not get it to work. Maybe this has to do with the specific Windchill version (9.1 in my case). I think the QueryBuilder will do the trick.

Best regards,

Dennis Varkevisser

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your reply. I am gathering info about the QueryBuilder but it looks like this will do the trick!

Best regards,

Dennis Varkevisser

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:dvarkevisser)

Dennis,

Did the report Binesh referenced provide you with what you needed? If so, could you please mark his response as correct?

Hello Lori,

Sorry for my slow reaction, I have marked Bob's awnser as the correct one.

Good weekend,

Dennis Varkevisser

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:dvarkevisser)

Thank you, Dennis! Better late than never, and it certainly is good to know that it worked for you!

The report mentioned by Binesh Kumar this has given me exactly what everyone seems to want.  To know the latest assembly an object is used in.  Most of the time people do not care if a cad model is used in a previous version.  Only if it's used in the latest version.

Dose anyone know if this has been corrected in 10.2 or 11?  We don't use WTParts so we need it to work for actual cad models.

Top Tags