cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Why Windchill PDMlink?

CoolWindchill
1-Newbie

Why Windchill PDMlink?

We use proE as our Design Tool.

When comes to PDM why should we go with Windchill PDMlink instead of other cheaper PDM sofwares available in the market?

Can anyone help me with the Exclusive features that Windchill PDMlink has or list benefits of having Windchill.

Our company's ERP is Dynamix AX.

The objective is to have a stable PDM system which works with ProE Data and integrates with Dynamix AX.

3 REPLIES 3

I can't recommend it as we've had nothing but problems ranging from ghost files, items won't upload to Wc, and not being able to delete products while actually deleting Pro-e files is a nightmare. I'm saying this as a big Pro-e fan and supporter but I can't get behind this platform. I have experience with Intralink, SAP, and Teamcenter...wish I had one of those products instead.

Are you considering Windchill as an alternative for a folder-based approach? Or are you looking to other PDM-systems? If you find any, that manages all the complex references between ProE parts, assemblies, drawings, etc., I'm interested.

What Keith says is right. Working with Windchill is a daily battle. But mostly, it's a battle against habbits and intentions of designers. As for CADdocument management in a collaborative development environment, Windchill is a relyable system.

Windchill is a major culture and business decision. I have worked with 3 separate companies and I have seen Windchill implemented successfully and other locations painfully. The bigest problem I have witnessed is when companies try to shoe horn the product into there so called "Best Practices" The fact is there is nothing very different in how companies need to manage their data. Windchill is the fastest Nascar on race day... If you don't have the right training, pit crew, and management... you will always fail.. Culture is what interferes with a successful Windchill implementation.

Top Tags