cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Why does the Compare CAD Document to Part results take a long time to display?

bradlawrence
9-Granite

Why does the Compare CAD Document to Part results take a long time to display?

When I run a the Compare CAD Document to Part, it takes at least 30 to 90 minutes to show the results. 

The boms that I have tested range from 10 to 30 associated components.

What can cause this? anybody else run into this problem? if so, how was it fixed?

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

That's way to long!  30 - 90 seconds at most, usually less for much larger structures based on my experience.

Is it all structures or just this one?  What type of association do you have between CAD and WTParts?  I would assume Associations are in place before running the compare.

Suggest trying a "dummy" structure of CAD and WTParts to rule out issues such as references with the CAD models

The last time we saw this we were on 10.1.  It had to do with recursive assemblies.  These are assemblies that were in an assembly but for some reason that upper level assembly was in the lower level assembly.  I know that they had fixed it, but I wonder if it got broke again.

I submitted case to PTC, they had me to remove the "build status" column and it worked, less than 5 seconds.

Capture.JPG

Update, ptc supplied a patch in which that fixed the problem.  I do not have to take the "build status" column per above.

Announcements

Top Tags